26 June 2012

Recipe No. 30 - Simply Good Apple Pie

We all cheat once in a while, then I often justify it to myself in a million and one ways. For example..Im on a diet but I took the stairs instead of the lift so I am allowed to eat these crisps.

With this recipe I cheated slightly - BUT the recipe said so! I used shop bought pastry as it was so hot when I made this I really didnt want to be slaving making puff pastry. as I said the recipe stated I could use shop bought pastry!!

So this really couldnt have been simpler, I peeled and chopped the apples, combined them with sugar and lemon and then placed them in my pie dish, Rolled out the all butter pastry and laid it on the top.
It was just before the Jubilee (apologies for the late post!), and I added a little pastry crown on the top that I got the cutter for from Cake Decorating magazine :)




Simple just as the title suggested.

Then I served it with Clotted cream - YUM. It was delicious. I thought at first it might be bland as it had no other flavour than the apples lemon and sugar but it was lovely. Very British.

No comments:

Post a Comment